Shannon McCain, CPA, CGMA, PFS
Shannon is a Tax Partner working remotely out of HoganTaylor’s Oklahoma City office. She has more than 12 years of experience in public accounting taxation. Shannon is focused on providing comprehensive tax solutions to both individual and business clients, with emphasis in the fields of oil and gas, and high net-worth family groups.
She has worked in several areas of the oil and gas industry, with the majority of her experience focused on upstream operations—from exploration & production companies and developers, to the field product and service firms that support them. Shannon helps entities and individuals involved in day-to-day industry operations by providing the tax compliance and advisory services they need to understand their tax obligations and implement their best possible tax strategy.
- Assists clients with various tax compliances and planning opportunities, including working with other trusted advisors to mitigate tax obligations
- Assists clients on both sides of asset sales in determining the tax effects of the transaction including advising on purchase price allocation and potential income tax liabilities
- Represents business and individual clients before the Internal Revenue Service and various state tax authorities regarding a wide variety of examinations on income tax returns
- Assists clients with internal commitments related to financial information and investor related information
Certifications & Honors
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- Personal Financial Specialist (PFS)
- Bachelor of Professional Accountancy, Saginaw Valley State University in Saginaw, Mich.
- Master of Science in Taxation, Golden Gate University in San Francisco, Calif.