Effective December 8, 2023
HoganTaylor LLP (collectively “HoganTaylor,” “we,” “us,” “our,” the “Firm” or “HT”) respect your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this privacy notice (the “Notice”).
WHAT INFORMATION THIS NOTICE COVERS
This Policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit www.hogantaylor.com or any other Firm websites or our social media sites (the websites and social media sites, including any content available thereon, collectively referred to as our “Sites"), or register to use our Sites or attend our events, and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
Please read this Notice carefully to understand our policies and practices regarding your information and how we will treat it. If you do not agree with our policies and practices, your choice is not to use our Sites. By accessing or using these Sites, you agree to this Notice. This Notice may change from time to time (see Changes to Our Privacy Notice below). Your continued use of these Sites after we make changes is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so please check this Notice periodically for updates.
USERS OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES OF AMERICA
If you are a resident of a country within the European Union or are otherwise accessing our Sites from outside the United States of America, by using the Sites and providing us your information, you hereby explicitly acknowledge and agree to (i) the transfer of such information to the United States and (ii) the collection, use and disclosure of your personally identifiable information in accordance with this Notice. If you do not agree with this transfer, collection, use, or disclosure, please do not use the Sites.
CHILDREN UNDER THE AGE OF 18
If you are under 18, do not use or provide any information on the Sites. Our Sites are not intended for children under 18 years of age. No one under age 18 may provide any information to the Sites. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 18 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 18, please contact us at email@example.com.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU AND HOW WE COLLECT IT
We may collect several types of information from and about users of our Sites, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("Personal Information"); and
- About your location, internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Sites, and usage details.
We may collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies.
From third parties, including our business partners.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
The information we collect on or through our Sites may include:
- Information that you provide by completing forms on our Sites. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Sites or to attend one of our programs, posting material or sending messages, applying for a position we post, or requesting products or services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Sites.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us.
- Your search queries on the Sites.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Sites, or to be transmitted to us, other users of the Sites or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Any User Contributions are posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although you may set certain privacy settings for such information, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Sites with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
INFORMATION WE COLLECT THROUGH AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our Sites, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Sites, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Sites.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
Your IP address is automatically assigned to your computer by your Internet Service Provider. An IP address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user accesses the Sites(s), along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating usage levels, diagnosing server problems and administering the Sites(s). We may also derive your approximate location from your IP address.
The information we may collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information. It helps us to improve our Sites and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Sites according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Sites.
The technologies we may use for automatic data collection include:
- Essential/strictly necessary cookies: Some cookies we use are essential to the functioning of the Sites.
- Analytical/performance cookies: Allow us to recognize and count the number of visitors and see how visitors move around the Sites when using them. This helps us improve the way the site functions.
- Functionality cookies: Used to recognize you when you return to the Sites. This enables us to personalize our content for you, greet you by name, and remember your preferences.
- Targeting cookies: Record your visit to the Sites, the pages you have visited, and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make the Sites more relevant to your interests.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Sites may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Sites. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings used for browser cookies. For information about managing your privacy and security settings for Flash cookies, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Sites may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Firm, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Site statistics (for example, verifying system and server integrity).
- Google Analytics. We may use Google Analytics to track how you and others use certain Sites in order to manage and improve those Sites. Google Analytics collects information such as how often users visit a Site, what pages they visit when they do so, and what other sites they used prior to coming to a Site. Google Analytics collects only the IP address assigned to you on the date you visit a Site, rather than your name or other identifying information. We do not combine the information collected through the use of Google Analytics with Personal Information. For information on how Google uses this information, and how you can control the usage of that information, please see https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en-US.
HOW WE USE YOUR INFORMATION
We may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- To present our Sites and their related contents to you.
- To determine if we can provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us, and to do so if possible.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which the information is provided.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Sites or any products or services we offer or provide through it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent or as permitted by law.
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
We may disclose Personal Information that we collect or that you provide as described in this Policy:
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep Personal Information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which Personal Information we hold about our Site users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent or as permitted by law.
We may also disclose your Personal Information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including response to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of the Firm, our clients, or others.
- To enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions (https://www.hogantaylor.com/terms-conditions).
CHOICES ABOUT HOW WE USE AND DISCLOSE YOUR INFORMATION
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the Personal Information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Information about Company. If you do not wish to have your contact information used by Company to promote our own or third-party products or services, you can opt-out by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may send us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions.
We do not control third-party collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt-out of receiving targeted ads from members of the NAI on the NAI's website.
We will retain your information for as long as needed or permitted in light of the purpose(s) for which it was obtained. The criteria used to determine our retention periods include: (i) the length of time we have an ongoing relationship with you and provide the Sites or offerings to you (for example, for as long as you have an account with us or keep using the Sites or offerings); (ii) whether there is a legal or business obligation to which we are subject (for example, certain laws require us to keep records of your transactions for a certain period of time before we can delete them); or (iii) whether retention is advisable in light of our legal position (such as in regard to applicable statutes of limitations regulatory investigations, or other legal matters).
ACCESSING AND CORRECTING YOUR INFORMATION
You may send us an email at email@example.com to request access to, correction or deletion of any Personal Information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your Personal Information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User Contributions from the Sites, copies of your User Contributions may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other Sites users. Access and use of information provided on the Sites, including User Contributions, is governed by our Terms and Conditions.
YOUR CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, please see our California Resident Privacy Notice.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Sites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted to our Sites. Any transmission of Personal Information or other information is at your own risk, and therefore we recommend using secure communication methods for any sensitive information you may need or wish to communicate to us. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Sites.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
It is our policy to post any changes we make to this Notice on this page. If we make material changes to how we treat our users' Personal Information, we will notify you through a notice on the appropriate Site. The date this Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you, and for periodically visiting our Sites and this Notice to check for any changes.
To ask questions or comment about this Notice and our privacy practices, or to register a complaint, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.