Rely on experts for thorough due diligence
Identify risk areas and compliance liabilities
Make a successful sale or acquisition
Nationally recognized advisory professionals who bring great depth and experience to the transaction process.
As a successful business leader, you are faced with making important, strategic decisions when it comes to buying or selling your organization. These transactions are tedious and require a team of experts to keep the process compliant and successful. You can rely on HoganTaylor’s experienced advisors to manage the most critical areas of your deal. Our team is composed of former Chief Financial Officers, auditors, and financial analysts who will take your transaction to the next level of success.
Transaction advisory services for business owners, strategic and financial buyers, and lenders across the full spectrum of deal engagements.
Transaction Advisory Services include:
- Buy-side due diligence for financial and strategic buyers
- Sell-side representation for owners to shepherd the sales process, minimize disruption, and protect value
- Quality of earnings engagements
- Analysis of working capital components to define targeted working capital calculations
- Identification and rationalization of EBITDA adjustments
- Analysis of post-closing net working capital adjustments
- Tax structuring of transactions and analysis of the tax impact of proposed deal terms
- Buy-side and sell-side tax due diligence
- Calculation of “make whole” payments to mitigate stock vs. asset deal differences
- Organize and management of the virtual data room
Buy-Side Transaction Advisory Services
Our experts will take your acquisition across the finish line through an integrated approach that accelerates growth and profitability.
- Define acquisition strategy
- Target identification and qualification
- Facilitate information sharing and prelim assessment
- Structure and negotiate transaction
- Due diligence
- Deal execution and closing
- Post acquisition support
Sell-Side Transaction Advisory Services
Experienced advisors will lead the sales process and minimize disruption all while protecting value. We advise on a wide-variety of exit option strategies:
- Family transfer
- Sell to employees (ESOP)
- Sell to a third party
- Management buy out (MBO)
- Sale to existing partners
- Orderly liquidation
Provided buy-side financial due diligence for Brighter Electrical in its investment in Look Electrical.
Provided buy-side financial due diligence for Cortado Ventures, LP in its investment in Wilder Systems.
Provided buy-side financial due diligence for Cortado Ventures, LP in its investment in Senslytics.
B & F Engineering
Provided buy-side financial due diligence for Crafton Tull in its investment in B & F Engineering.
Provided shareholder representative consulting services to New Road Capital Partners in their sale of Taxa Outdoors
Head Country BBQ
Provided sell-side transaction consulting and support to Head Country in their sale to Old World Spices
Provided buy-side financial due diligence for Cortado Ventures, LP in its investment in Sway, Inc.
Provided buy-side financial due diligence for New Road Capital Partners in its investment in PICKUP.
Provided buy-side financial due diligence for New Road Capital Partners in its investment in Quinn.
Provided sell-side consulting and transaction support for Allergy Laboratories during its sale to ALK, Inc.
Provided buy-side financial due diligence for Cortado Ventures, LP in its investment in Drov, Inc.
"It’s essential to have good advisors by your side."
“For owners who are buying or selling a business, it’s essential to have good advisors by your side. The Transaction Advisory Team at HoganTaylor has the expertise and sophistication you need for all financial issues, tax issues, technology, and processes involved on the buy-side or the sell-side.”
— Aaron Ackerman, CPA, CGMALead Transaction Advisory Services Partner
Meet the Transaction Advisory Team
Aaron Ackerman, CPA, CGMA
Lead Transaction Advisory Partner
Robert Wagner, CPA
Clay Glasgow, CPA, ABV, CFF, CFE
Cathy Reid, CPA
Glenn D. Vestrat, CVA
Advisory Senior Manager
Megan Rooney, CMA, CPA, CGMA
Tammy Williams, CPA
Let’s work together.
Talk to a HoganTaylor Expert
Have a conversation with our experienced advisors. We listen, get to know you, your company, and your goals.