Calvin Rowland, CPA
Calvin Rowland began his professional career with the HoganTaylor predecessor firm Tullius Taylor Sartain & Sartain in July 2000. During his tenure at the firm, he has provided assurance and business consulting services to a wide range of both publicly and privately-held clients in various industries including manufacturing, distribution, insurance, construction, oil and gas, colleges and universities, employee benefit plans, and non-profit organizations.
Calvin continues to work with publicly and privately held companies within the firm’s geographic area. He enjoys serving small growing companies as well as the challenge of leading the audit engagements of mid-size companies. As a member of HoganTaylor’s non-profit practice group, he maintains a working knowledge of the increasingly complicated accounting issues facing these organizations.
He also has substantial experience in the insurance industry previously serving as the lead engagement partner on the audit of a regional commercial insurance company and providing litigation support services as an insurance accounting expert.
In addition to his client responsibilities, Calvin leads the firm’s A&A technical team, responsible for helping all firm members evaluate and conclude on complex financial accounting issues.
- Provided financial accounting consulting services to a nationally based donor advised fund in preparation of their annual financial statement audit.
- Assisted foundations and other nonprofits in implementing new accounting and reporting requirements for fair value of alternative investments.
- Managed annual audit engagements of a publicly-held company as it went through a cycle of significant business acquisitions.
- Helped a newly formed oil and gas industry client develop its consolidation schedules and financial statement presentation.
Certifications & Honors
- Certified Public Accountant
- Oklahoma Society of CPAs’ Trailblazer Award, 2013
- B.S., Agricultural Economics, Oklahoma State University, Summa Cum Laude
- A.S., Agriculture, Eastern Oklahoma State College