Dan Bomhoff, CPA, CGMA
Dan has more than 15 years of experience in the area of taxation, including tax compliance reporting, planning and consulting. In his career, he has worked with clients in many industries including, oil and gas, manufacturing, retail, and services as well as working with high net worth families, estates and trusts, organizations with multi-state filings and pass-through entities. He has extensive knowledge in the area of oil and gas taxation for exploration and production companies as well as drilling and well services companies.
Dan joined HoganTaylor in 2013 as a senior manager after three years in industry working for a well services company and eight years at the global accounting firm of Grant Thornton.
- Represents business and individual clients before the Internal Revenue Service and various state tax authorities regarding a wide variety of examinations on income tax returns
- Assists clients in various tax planning opportunities including research & development tax credits, export incentives, cost segregation studies, and cost segregation studies, and Domestic Production Activities Deduction.
- Assists clients on both sides of mergers and acquisitions in determining the tax effects of the transaction including advising on structuring the transactions in the most tax-efficient manner
- Counsels clients on tax planning for both income tax and estate and gift tax
- Assisted well services company in sales and use tax audit defense and planning strategies to minimize and/or defer sales and use tax for several large one-time and recurring transactions
Certifications & Honors
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Chartered Global Management Accountant (CGMA)
- M.S., Accounting with emphasis in Tax, Oklahoma State University
- B.S., Agricultural Economics and Accounting, Oklahoma State University