Jeff Hearne, CPA
Jeff has more than 25 years of experience in taxation consulting, planning and compliance. He has served a wide variety of clients in many industries including real estate brokers, developers and investment funds; healthcare; restaurants and other retail. He has significant expertise and experience with partnership taxation especially relating to the real estate sector. A core service area for Jeff is working with high net worth family groups regarding their estate planning and trust operations. Complementing his service to both his business and family group clients is his knowledge of private aircraft ownership and taxation issues.
Prior to merger with HoganTaylor in 2018, Jeff was lead tax partner and had served JPMS Cox, PLLC and its predecessor since 1994.
- Represented business and individual clients before the Internal Revenue Service and various state tax authorities regarding a wide variety of examinations on income tax returns.
- Assisted clients in various tax planning opportunities including research & development tax credits, 179D energy efficiency deductions and cost segregation studies.
- Counseled clients on income tax planning, wealth transfer techniques and estate tax minimization.
- Counseled clients on aircraft ownership structures including sales and income tax planning considerations.
- Assisted in establishing and ongoing administration of a wide variety of trusts, including private foundations, charitable trusts, S-Corporation trusts and generation-skipping trusts.
Certifications & Honors
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- B.S., Accounting, Magna Cum Laude, University of Arkansas, Little Rock
- B.B.A., Finance, Magna Cum Laude, University of Arkansas, Little Rock