Jeff Koweno, CPA
Jeff is an assurance partner located in HoganTaylor’s Oklahoma City office. He leads HoganTaylor's Energy niche and has 25 years of experience, including 15 years at a Big Four firm, providing financial statement audit, audit of internal controls, SEC reporting and compliance, and other attestation services. In addition, Jeff assists owners, executive management, and audit committees of private and public companies in addressing their business and financial accounting and reporting needs.
- Managed audit teams responsible for auditing four public companies ranging in size from large accelerated filers to smaller reporting entities
- Advised businesses and organizations dealing with complex or non-routine transactions such as business acquisitions, divestitures, restructurings, debt modifications, and equity awards to employees
- Coordinated with client personnel across all functions in order to understand the business and effectively plan and execute audits
- Identified and communicated with CFO and controller on technical accounting issues impacting the client and industry
In addition to his client service responsibilities, Jeff leads HoganTaylor’s revenue recognition implementation team and also serves on HoganTaylor’s accounting and auditing technical resources committee. Jeff has also conducted numerous internal quality reviews designed to ensure audit and attestation services were provided in accordance with firm and professional standards.
Certifications & Honors
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- OSCPA’s Trailblazer Award, 2014 Honoree
- B.A., Accounting, University of Oklahoma