Denise Felber, CPA
Denise Felber has more than 30 years of experience serving clients in the trucking and insurance industries, those who are controlled foreign corporations, trusts/estates, multi-state wholesalers and pass-through entities, in addition to those who have significant domestic and foreign oil & gas investments.
In addition to compliance reporting, she works with clients in an integrated planning approach which includes succession planning, investment management, business structures and coordination of the planning with other professional service providers. In addition to her client relationships, she is the partner in-charge of the technical resource group which tracks tax legislation and releases and develops presentations and articles regarding such matters.
She is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants and the Oklahoma Society of Public Accountants. Denise has published numerous articles and spoken on subjects including budgeting, the health care act and tax legislation.
Prior to joining HoganTaylor, Denise worked in national, regional and local CPA firms. She’s also served as a director of reporting for a national insurance company and controller of a manufacturing facility, both of which have provided her with a valuable client-centered perspective.
- Analyzed current law changes to determine the effect of the changes on client’s planning regarding benefits, compensation, capital expenditures, cash flow and taxes.
- Participated in seminars with other professionals to present information to the business community regarding health care legislation, deferred compensation and employee benefits.
- Counseled collectively to restructure a multi-state business within a 45 day period in response to specific need of the client.
- Developed databases to accumulated reporting information and requirements for both a multi-state insurance client and internally for tracking client filings and information.
- Assisted with planning of succession of ownership and earnings distributions of a controlled foreign corporation and its United States subsidiaries.
- Identified savings opportunities for clients with duplicate fees and holdings.
- Implemented a cost accounting system to track cost additions to work in process, by unit, for a manufacturing facility and developed the process to record information reflected in the reports to the financial reporting
Certifications & Honors
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)
- Registered Investment Advisor SEC
- B.S. Accounting, Oklahoma State University